...W*I*Z*A*R*D...

Wizard's estates is a magical place.... Game Dreamers is the group that owns Wizard Mega Store/Roma Imperiale. Any dreamer that dares to dream high enough and believe that anything is possible will find a place where they can come and visit multiple islands like Wizard Mega Store/Roma Imperiale and Wizard Farmer In the Dell, and our new Catamyn/MyThology. Wizard's Dream offers free translation and training on various construction type programs and translation between English and Italian, Wizard Mega Store/Roma Imperiale also offers residential rental skyboxes with full ocean provided at very reasonalble prices. Conatct the owners, Catalina McCaw(english/Italian) or Mynue Zarco(Italian) for details
on rentals.

Elin Egoyan aka Maripel aka Marijke Pel

Elin lives in The Netherlands with husband, 2 sons and 3 cats.

My artistic life started about 20 years ago with a pencil, soft pastel crayon and my fingers as tools. Finally after a long time ignoring my desire to draw (teenagers are busy with far more ‘important’ things of course:)) I gave in and,… was lost! I really got the hang of it!

In pastel crayon I found soon satisfaction in making ethnical portraits. The challenge to make them almost photographic was high, and came out as I liked it. As example I took photo’s that triggered me. A look or expression in the faces or simply how someone sat or did was enough. I took what I found important and let out what was not essential. If you are interested to see these pastels you will find some of them in ZRM Gallery. (see my picks)

But the smell of oil paint was calling and it did not take very long to change my direction. First oil paintings, but because of my impatience ( it takes sooooo long before oil paint is dry) I started soon after that with acryl paint.

Looking back I see that my subjects often expresses things of (my) life. Things were I am thinking about, a feeling or emotion. I try to tell that in bright and harmonious colours and painting with my intuition and inner emotion as guide, I let myself float with the motions and colours. Normaly starting a painting and not knowing were it ends.

When I came to Second Life, one of my main goals was to have my own gallery and show what I made in RL. In those 3 years I found so many satisfaction in being creative in more ways SL offers. The landscaping, the building,… the drive to make creations better and better.

Very careful I stepped recently on the artistic SL-road and make digital art and vases. And so my SLigital art and RLainting art and life’s meet and unite to something were I am very happy about.


My gallery you find here

More you find here


KABLOOM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I was invited to particpate the exhibition Kabloom, I felt this was a challenge to make digital art with a theme as a guideline. Luckely the subject was a good choise. Every artist can find something in it.
I took the Egyptian symbol KA, what stands for life force. This force is something every living souls will reach at (reaching hands) Also you will find the Ankh symbol in this artwork, what has more or less the same meaning as the KA. The color choise just happend intuitive. Strange because normally I am more atracted to warm colors like red orange and yellow. Clear will be that the turning vortex in the middle has to draw the life force to one point preparing you to a bliss experience.

Take a look at the Kabloom exhibition



PERSPECTIVES
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Perspectives is a contest organized by Figbash Snook. He asked several artists to make an artpiece based on a picture he send them. The picture did not tell me so much. So it was hard to get something done what tells a story or expres a feeling.
Greetings!

Welcome to Perspectives 2010, and thanks again for taking the time to be a part of this amazing project. This note contains your reference photo, along with all the information you will need to make your submission

====== SUBMISSION GUIDELINES ======

*** Submission Rules ***
You are free to do whatever you like with the image. Any and all software and manipulations allowed, either RL or inworld. You can also add as much additional content as you feel necessary, from any source that is not a violation of copyright regulations. The only rule is that you must preserve at least one visual element from the original reference photo.

*** About the Photo ***
Since I am a portrait artist, the reference photo is naturally of a person, but do feel free to use other elements besides the main subject if it suits your own style better. I also ignored the first rule of dynamic composition and centered the subject to give you the freedom to move your frame of reference in any direction you choose.

*** Size ***
As a guideline, please size your submission no greater than 5x5x5. If you need to work outside these boundaries for the piece to work, contact me and we can try to work something out.

*** Deadline ***
Please send me your submission on or before 16 March.

*** Naming Standard ***



***Permissions ***
Please send your work mod/copy/no-trans.


Here is the reference photo for the project


Please name your work: "Perspectives 2010 - "
In the decription field please put "Artwork by "




The original resolution of this photo when taken and downloaded was 1920x1110x72dpi. This corresponds to an aspect ratio of roughly 1.73

As with all uploaded images, SL has resized the photo to 1024x1024, so please make sure you follow the original aspect ratio of 1.73 if you end up using it directly on a prim.

If you would prefer to work from the original higher resolution snapshot, please email me at sacredlion2001@yahoo.com, and I will send you a copy.

====== QUESTIONS ======

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you might have. If you don't get a response, odds are high I never got the message; in this case, please follow up with a notecard.

See you all soon!

FigBash



But in the end something satisfying came out. It was an interesting experience. The result you can find here



My paintings are for sale in Real Life. Altough a lot of my paintings I show in Second Life are already sold in Real Life.
In case you are interested you can contact me in Second Life. Only one thing:

I dont send paintings by boat or plane. The costs of sending them and the insurance for the trip is to high. So You can come and collect the paintings at my homeadress in The Netherlands.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento